Our Privacy Pledge
This Privacy Notice applies when you interact with First Currency anywhere in the world. For example, this Privacy notice applies when you:
Use First Currency’s services, either directly or through our agents, mobile applications, or websites; Contact First Currency’s call center; or Apply to become a First Currency agent.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the policies and practices of companies that are not related to First Currency. We are not responsible for other company’s privacy policies and practices. We don’t endorse other company’s policies and practices when we provide a link to a website.
We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children or minors per local law.
At First Currency your security is our top priority and we always strive to ensure that your personal data shall be protected against unauthorized or accidental access. We respect our customers’ expectation of privacy regarding personal financial information. We value the trust you place in us to protect your personal information. While new technologies have dramatically changed the way information is gathered, used and stored, preserving customer trust and the confidentiality of personal information at First Currency is a core objective for First Currency.
We believe it is important to make clear to our customers how information is being used at First Currency, the benefits such use provides, and the protections put in place against unauthorized access and use. We respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, we implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data with us, and we appreciate the opportunity to do business with you.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect and process personal and other information so we can operate our business and provide our services, to interact with our consumers, employees and agents, to answer inquiries, and to process applications. We collect and process some information because we required to by law. You are not required to provide personal information to us, but if you don’t we may not be able to provide you with our services, answer your inquiries, or process your applications.
How We Collect Personal Information’s
We and our service providers collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
Directly from you: when you interact with us. For example, we collect personal information from you if you use our services, when you tell us where to send money or who should receive the money; give us your contact information; or show your government issued ID. Generally, personal information is collected from you on transaction forms, by telephone, or at our websites or mobile applications when you request our products or services, manage your online account(s). We may also collect information about you from Also, when you apply to become an agent. If you provide information about someone else, you represent that you have permission to do so.
Indirectly from other sources: such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), and from other third-party reference sources, vendors, and clearinghouse services as part of our verification processes or otherwise in connection with your use of our products or services.
How We Use Personal and Other Information’s We Collect
We use personal and other information for our legitimate business interests, including to:
• Complete your transactions, respond to your questions, and provide you with customer service;
• Send you transactional and other administrative messages;
• Personalize your experience when you use our services;
• Invite you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, and to administer these activities, which may have additional notices about how we use and disclose your information;
• Operate and grow our business (e.g., conduct data analysis; audit our activities; develop new products; enhance, improve and modify our services; identify usage trends; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns)
• Monitor and prevent fraud, money laundering, abuse, and other actual and potential prohibited or illegal activities;
• Meet legal, auditing, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements;
• Report to credit bureaus;
• Respond to court orders and legal investigations;
• Deliver marketing communications to you about our services and other companies’ services, including offers, coupons or incentives we believe may be of interest to you. These marketing communications may come from us directly, or through our affiliates or third parties, including our agents who facilitate transactions on our behalf;
• Comply with applicable laws, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
• Respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence;
• Cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons
• Enforce our terms and conditions; and
• Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others. We may also use information in other ways with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Who we share your information with
To run our everyday business, we share customer information with service-providers who assist us in servicing customer accounts and preparing and/or delivering First Currency services and products to our customers. Examples of such providers include First Currency receipt booklet printers, we may disclose personal information, as described above, to our affiliates and/or our agents to assist us in our business activities for the uses described in “www.firstcurrency.net”, and for other purposes as permitted or required by applicable law and international conventions and treaties. Disclosures permitted or required by law and international conventions and treaties may include cooperation with criminal or government investigations, fraud prevention and detection, and responses to a court order or subpoena.
First Currency may be required to disclose your personal information to relevant national, state and local law enforcement authorities in the countries using First Currency, which law enforcement authorities may further, disclose the information.
If you are a receiver of a transaction, First Currency may also disclose your personal information to the sender.
First Currency may disclose some or all of the personal information to service providers for the purposes of processing requested transactions or to perform business support functions on our behalf, including marketing and similar services. Under all sharing arrangements, First Currency requires its service providers and marketing partners to keep such information confidential and prohibits them from disclosing such information to anyone for any other purpose.
How we protect your information
We have developed strong security measures to protect customer privacy. We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your non-public personal information.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We use reasonable technical, administrative and organizational measures to protect personal and other information. Please know, however, that no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
Preventing Identity Theft
Please do not send confidential personal information such as account numbers, passport numbers, government identification numbers, to First Currency via an unsecured email message. You may send personal confidential information to First Currency via posted mail, phone, or using the live chat option available on our website. Do not be misled by emails that appear to be from us and ask for personal information. If you receive a suspicious email requesting your personal information, please forward the email immediately to email@example.com
Our websites may be linked to or from third-party websites. First Currency is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to or from our website